Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A New Year

Well the holidays were non stop, busy, filled with family, friends and lots of parties! I love Christmas but I must admit I am glad they are over. I am excited to get back in the swing of things.

 As the new year started I did as most did and thought about the last year 2012. 2012 was a crazy year for us, full of change and new adventures. The beginning of the year was not so good, for me. I was struggling with being in a place I hated, longing to be somewhere else, and honestly suffering through a depression. I made the hard, brave, scary decision to resign from my teaching job, my dream since I was 5, so that I could stay home and take care of Jman. Best decision. Hardest decision. Scariest decision. EVER! After being full time mom for 7 months, I can say I have never been happier. It was something I didn't know God would lead me too, but it is the most rewarding thing I have done. We also decided to sell our house and move. That was a stressful thing!! Selling a house stinks, trying to find a house within 2 weeks stinks. But thankfully God worked all that out and by September we were in our new house that is completely home now. The moved helped on so many levels, including being minutes from really good friends that I can now call on a moments notice. Shortly after our move we discovered we are a growing family, and 3 will become 4 in June. We are very excited and that little baby already ensures that 2013 will be a busy, blessed year!

So with many changes, some of the biggest you can experience still made 2012 to be a good year!

I decided this year not to do actual resolutions, because they never work out. I did decide to just put into action things I've been wanting to do.

1. Take more time for myself. I love my family! But I need just a few minutes a day, actually I'll take a few minutes a week to myself to do something for myself. I'm making it a priority, starting with finishing J's scrapbook. :)

2. Start a cleaning schedule. Usually I put things off until Saturday and end up overwhelmed and usually mad. So I decided to do one of those pinterest schedules to cleaning your house everyday for 15 minutes. I made my own though that works for my house. As soon as Jman goes down I do my 15 minute chore and I'm usually done before he falls asleep and I have time to take my nap, I mean a nap for "Cappie" :) So I'm hoping after a couple weeks I will feel like my house is always clean and kept.

3. Add projects to my Etsy shop. I've had quite a bit of business lately, and there are many ideas in my head that I want to create. My goal is to add to my shop and hopefully expand my business, including trying to do a market in March :).

4.Accomplish a dream. There is one dream I've had forever that very few know about and I plan to put that dream into action this year. I am not up to sharing that dream until I know if its something I can do.

I hope you all have a wonderful year, I know that we will around here. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment