Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mom

I know what most of you are thinking, you have the best mom in the whole world. Well let me set you straight, I have the best mother in the whole world.

My mom is the most beautiful, generous, kind hearted, patient, easy going spirits you will ever know. She had always been there for me and my brothers no matter what. She always has and still does put her family first. My dad worked very hard and a lot of hours to support our family. My mom stayed home with three of us and put 3 meals a day on the table for us. I only remember eating out once in a blue moon. Wish I had the will power do to that for my family. My mother never lost her temper with us. Somehow she managed to keep her cool, even when my brother and I were killing each other. My dad and mom raised us in a home filled with love and faith and a safe place to make mistakes. Somehow she was able to form a long lasting friendship with me even when I went through those awful teen years. A friendship that still remains today. She always put us first. She has always been there and that's probably why I can't go a day without talking to her or going to her for any question I may have. I still need her.

I'm finding it really hard to put into words just how wonderful she is. I hope she knows how much I have always appreciated her. It wasn't until I became a mother myself that I realized just how hard the job of mothering is. I didn't realize just how much she sacrificed of herself daily to make us feel loved and cared for. I didn't know that she stayed up late wondering if we were safe or even breathing. I didn't know she probably snuck in my room every night to kiss me one more time. I didn't know that the slightest sound would make you jump out of bed to see if everything is ok. I didn't realize that even when there was no more strength or stamina she still found it in her to cook dinner or read just one more story or have a dance party. I didn't realize that choosing to stay home with us meant sacrificing so much of yourself. I didn't realize you worried constantly about us I didn't realize how much she loved me until I became a mother and did it myself.

Mom you truly are a remarkable woman and I hope you know how much you are loved and appreciated. I hope that I can live up to your example as a mother. I love you more than words can say.

Happy Mothers Day!





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment