Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

All Because Two People Fell in Love

 
This blog is about my journey as a mother, but this love story began long before Jman entered my life. Four years ago this girl got her dream come true when she said I do. Every girl dreams of her wedding, and dream I did and it was as perfect as I could imagine. But this story does not start there. Six years ago I took a chance, I stepped out of my comfort zone. When my friend called and said "can I set you up on a blind date?" Initially I was thinking "um no" just not my thing, too scary, but someone bigger than me, someone who had His plan in action long before that phone call, although I didn't realize it at the time, pushed me to say "yes", which came out a very reluctant "ok". Then all I hear is the phone being passed to some guy named Kevin. Three days later we went to dinner. We both wore our "fancy" shoes, which we laugh about now. Kevin wore some brown shoes that I've never seen again and I think I wore boots. We both admitted later that he wanted to wear - can you guess? CHUCKS and me flip flops. Lol. We dressed to impress that night. We went to dinner and decided to go mini golf where I impressed him with my swing as I hit the ball over the fence :).We laughed and had a lot of fun. Two days later he called and asked for a second date that we had that same week.
 
 
I would say it was a slow love story that took place after that. God certainly knew what He was doing. I quickly realized Kevin was someone that could make me laugh, he was/is the sweetest guy I know. He has always been so thoughtful and caring. I honestly can say I have never met anyone like him. Definitly the guy God designed for me. He balances out my emotional outbursts by staying calm in every situation. He genuinely wants me to be happy and would do anything for me and our family. Sometimes he drives me crazy because he won't make a decision, but honestly when it comes down to it, he wants me to be happy and won't make a decision because he wants to genuinely do what I want. Thats pretty great actually. He's a big dork and I love it. Hes awesome at his job! I may not go to work with him, but just hearing the way he interacts on the phone, its clear they look up to Kevin and are asking him for help. And of course he does it, no matter the hour at nigh. Hes clearly confident and really good at what he does. I am so proud of him and how hard he works.  And you will almost always find him in his chucks and me in my flip flops, well actually Kevin introduced me to something better called Sanuks. Its like heaven for your feet :)
 
On August 8, 2009 I recieved this shirt.  Kevin had a custom Astros shirt made for me that said this on the back. We had plans to go to an Astros game the next weekend, so I was like thanks for the new shirt, guess I can wear it next week. I did not know that this particular shirt changed my life. When I turned it over and read this, I found Kevin on his knee with a ring. Very creative of a proposal. Well done Kevin! 
 
 

 
Engagement photo
 
We started making plans and set the date for March 7, 2009. 4 years ago today, I put on my dream dress with the extra long train, I held my dad's arm fighting the tears and nervously walked down that aisle,  looked at the man who was waiting, exchanged vows, sealed it with a kiss and joined my life to his forever.  The wedding and reception was just as I had imagined. A perfect day in my life.  Most important that day joined us together forever. Started a marriage and an amazing life together. He is someone I laugh with everyday. I am glad to see him come home everyday. He is an amazing dad to Jman and I am incredibly blessed that God brought him into my life. We've been blessed with one awesome son, and another one on his way. Kevin has been so supportive of me and my choices in life and I hope that he would say the same of me. I love him more today that I did on that day I took that nervous walk down the aisle. I am very thankful I took that chance 6 years ago and went on a blind date.
 
Happy Anniversary Kevin,  you mean the world to me.



A few memories of that day.














And he took me to the best city in the world. Check that off my life dream list.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment